Thursday, 5 October 2017

Brightly Lit Christmas

I was very happy to be chosen to take part in the 'October 2017 Pootles Design Team Challenge' though I was a 'little' bit concerned when I saw what stamp set the team had to use to create a project every week of the month with! Happily, once I stopped worrying and started to play around I came up with my four projects in record time.

My first submission is constructed from one piece of A4 card, is cut in one piece and uses no adhesives so it is able to be cut and decorated and then left flat if you needed to create, say, 25 for an Advent tree decoration, or 100 for wedding favour boxes.


I used Soft Sky cardstock and used the 'dotty stamp' which is actually meant to be used to place baubles on a Christmas Holly Wreath to stamp Versamark onto the card before applying gold and silver embossing powder and heating to get the luxurious metallic decorative finish I was striving for. I prefer to decorate before scoring so that I am not left with 'blank lines' in the decorative area but I realise that that is a personal choice. I do recommend that the Stampin Up! Paper Trimmer with the scoring facility for this project as some of the scoring lines are at angles and it is by far easier to place the card at the correct angle on the trimmer and set the scoring blade to start and stop at the appropriate points than it is to line up the angles on a conventional scoreboard though if you do use a scoreboard here is a little tip for you if you are unused to scoring at unusual angles: lay the card matching a furrow on the board and hold the card in place with the scoring tool, then rotate the card until you have found the same furrow at the corresponding place at the other end of the intended scoreline. If you make a mistake, turn your card over and use the large ball on your score tool to erase the scoreline and try again.

Each of the products I used is shown below and if you would like a copy of the template I made for this box, including all of the score lines please ask, I am very happy to share it with you. AMENDMENT! Due to popular demand (oh I am feeling pleased with myself lol) I link the template file here:



Thank you for reading my blog! I hope that you will come back and see the other three projects that I have come up with using this stamp set and it would make my day if you would subscribe to my blog too!

Have a creative day!

Love, Linda x


Product List


17 comments:

  1. Lovely box, prettily decorated. Could you put the template on your blog or even better do a demo perhaps?
    Cecilia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  2. Great project! I would love to have the template and instructions. Thank you for sharing this project. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I would to re-create this. Please provide template and instructions. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful box. TFS - could you put template on your blog or as someone stated above - do a demo video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous. I'd love to have the template, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  6. This is a clever box! I would like the instructions! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you for your kind comment, I have found a way to put the template into the blog. The drawn lines are the score lines and all should be pressed to the reverse. The 'U' shaped notches are there in case you use use cord instead of ribbon.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your project Linda and a clever use of that stamp set xx

    ReplyDelete